Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Three A.M. and Cranky

Due to a certain unpleasant and uncomfortable illness this week, it's 3:30 a.m. and I cannot sleep. This is newsworthy because I say so. Am I rationalizing the newsworthiness of my blog? Screw that.

I'm going to, in the classic style of the Internets, make a list of things that are currently pissing me off, in the hopes that it will calm me down and help me sleep. In no particular order other than stream of consciousness:

1) The currently touring Smashing Pumpkins: dude, if when I'm 41 years old, you catch me strutting around a stage wearing a pleather apron and singing songs about my teenage pain and really feeling it, someone should just beat me until I'm dead. Honestly. Not that I'm advocating beating Billy Corgan. I'm not. I just...dude, you're incredibly wealthy, incredibly famous, and pretty damned talented. Mayhaps you get over life's foibles. If not for your own good, then for mine, because Mellon Collie is one of precious few double albums worth a damn, and now when I listen to it, I think of a pathetic man-child crying into a microphone about how tough adolescence is.

2) MRSA: lame. Absolutely lame. I shake my fist at nature.

3) Economics: wouldn't it be cool if even one economic philosophy was true/concrete and absolute? Just one?

4) I'm fat: just pisses me off, that's all.

5) Bam Margera: Actually, he doesn't piss me off all that much. But why the hell does he always talk like he's got a cigar in his mouth or he bit his tongue really badly? Does he have some kind of brain damage or something? I don't get it. Maybe I'm being incredibly insensitive. Whatever.

Bah. That's all I've got. It's four in the morning and I've get better things to do. Like read Trivial Pursuit cards.

2 comments:

Sarah Werning said...

Everyone still thinks "buy low, sell high" is a sound economic princicple.

daylabor said...

That's a principle...not an all-encompassing philosophy. Jeez, Sarah Werning.