Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Crucible Connections - Indian Food Backfire

Crucible Connections is an ongoing series featuring real conversations shared over work e-mail...

A standard lunch invitation for Dan. Nevermind that none of the people on the invite list worked within fifty miles of me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Morris
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:46 AM
To: Bobby Fair Housing ; M-Town Mikey; S. Utahraptor
Subject: Re: Lunch?

Hey, you guys wanna do lunch today? There's a killer Indian place by my office that does a lunch buffet for $8 including drinks! They've got killer Lamb Vindaloo. And they weren't offended when I did the lightbulb twisting dance last time I was there.

So who's in?
-Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Bobby Fair Housing
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:46 AM
To: Dan Morris; M-Town Mikey; S. Utahraptor
Subject: Re: Lunch?

Uh, I can't I already have plans to go to the harbor with Heidi and Juan. Sorry about that.

-Bobby Fair Housing
Case Manager

-----Original Message-----
From: M-Town Mikey
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:48:26 AM
To: Dan Morris; Bobby Fair Housing ; S. Utahraptor
Subject: Re: Lunch?

Actually, Indian food always makes me feel better. Indian weddings are even better.

-M-Town Mikey
Copywriter

-----Original Message-----
From: Bobby Fair Housing
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:13 AM
To: Dan Morris; M-Town Mikey; S. Utahraptor
Subject: Re: Lunch?

Look dude not to sound mean but I always have this argument with people. I will eat most anything, but Indian food does not work well for me. There are a few things I enjoy, but typically I don't care for curry and I like larger chunks of food. People always say "come have Indian food with me I know what to get," so to be nice I go with them and have to fake enjoyment to get them to shut up.

-Bobby Fair Housing
Case Manager

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Morris
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 10:00 AM
To: Bobby Fair Housing ; M-Town Mikey; S. Utahraptor
Subject: Re: Lunch?

Whoa, man. Just calm down. You're shouting. Would you like some mint-jasmine tea?

There, that's better. Calms those jangled nerves, doesn't it? Breathe the aromas, mmmmmmm, soothing, no?

Now take a deep breath, and now breathe out. And come to the realization that I've slipped opiates into your tea, with a sidecar of raw ether.

So content, yes you are. And the sasquatch has such nimble hands that massage your scalp juuusssst riiiight. And the Tuvans, they’ve just begun to sing Redemption Song, and the chords of their baritone throat singing bounce back and forth in between your temples, tickling the sulci and gyri of your brain like ten million tiny little fingers.

Feel the flow, feel your past and future collide in every instant. The carpet is moving, but slowly. Relax, let it take you to the curling fields. Take your broom, dust the ice in a leisurely fashion. Sasquatch will throw the iron.

Take another sip of tea. Grasp this moment and forgive my indiscretion. And then tango with the Tuvans, they know how to dance, man!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bobby Fair Housing
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 10:12 AM
To: Dan Morris; M-Town Mikey; S. Utahraptor
Subject: Re: Lunch?

...I don't like Indian food, OK?

-Bobby Fair Housing
Case Manager

No comments: